Friday, September 28, 2012

The house I grew up in...


My mom is getting ready to move out of the house that I grew up in.  I am very happy for her but feeling a little sad about seeing it go.  This house has been such a part of my life for 30 years.  So many memories have been flooding my mind these last few days that it has made it a little difficult to say goodbye.  My mom, she is ready to go.  This was made very clear to me by a statement she made the other day.  I asked her if she was sad to go because of the memories. She said, "Jen, it is only a house... it is a thing.  My memories are with me and I can take them anywhere I go." What more can I say except she is right.  I will always have my memories, but this - this is just a house and it is time for someone else to make their memories there.  My mom met the cute family who will be moving into this house next week.  A young couple with a small girl - I am sure it reminded her of when my dad and she moved in - I was only four. They were so excited, just like this young couple to finally be in their own home.  After she met with them, she said that she was ready  - that she felt the house would be in good hands.  I am not good at saying goodbye, but it is time.  Goodbye to my little house and my old neighborhood.. to the cute park down the street and to the ward I grew up in. It is time for us to go.  We are moving on to experience something new and are so excited to see what life brings us.

1 comments:

AndrewSmart said...

It was a very cute home. I'm glad that I was able to get to know it and the people that lived in it. I'm better off having known that house! Thank you for inviting me in it and in the family! I am truly blessed.